a libra who writes..

Kamis, Juni 28, 2018

My cat died, and it affected me as much as losing my Person.. even worst.


The grief felt after the loss of a pet can be every bit as painful as that following the death of a human, so why don’t we take it seriously


I could not stop crying. I was not prepared for the cavernous depth of my grief

She's a sweet little cat that always be in my heart. i have severals pet before, but none of them hold a special place like chaca, she knew when i was sad, or sick, or in pain due to my kidney condition, everytime i am back from amsterdam, there she was, jumping on my lap and sleep there.

THIS IS THE FIST TIME I EXPERIENCE THIS KIND OF EVENT. 

losing my pet is both surprising and painful.

In truth, the pain of losing this small, animal, who’d been part of my life, was every bit as intense as that of losing my sister back in 2007.

Now, that’s a controversial thing to say, I know. And to begin with, I was wracked with guilt for even thinking such a thing. And yet, it’s true. When you tell people this, many of them tend to think you’re heartless, disrespectful or just plain nuts. After all, how can you possibly compare the death of a pet – a mere animal – to the death of a loved one? Well, quite easily as it happens, because the animal in question was a loved one too.

The more I asked around, the more I discovered I wasn’t alone in having these slightly taboo feelings.

when chacha was a newborn.


one of my closest pals confided, telling me that the only difference was that the pain didn’t last as long and that in a few weeks I’d start to feel better, in contrast to when you lose a closest human where the grief seems never-ending.

I’ve heard it said that the point of keeping pets as children is to allow us to learn what it feels like to lose someone we really love, but pet bereavement isn’t some kind of rehearsal for the ‘real thing’ – it is the real thing and I reckon it’s about time we recognise the value, depth and integrity of many people’s relationships with their pets, and the veracity of their bereavement.

Certainly, now you’ll know that the bond between animal and human can be as close, if not closer, than between humans.

1 komentar:

Michael mengatakan...

Sorry for your loss. I kind of understand how you feel as my cat also peacefully passed away just recently with cat euthanasia.